The framework within which GC University operates is based upon it's the GOVERNMENT COLLEGE UNIVERSITY, LAHORE 2002, Statutes and Ordinance (THE GOVERNMENT COLLEGE UNIVERSITY, LAHORE ORDINANCE 2002, XLVIII OF 2002) published in THE PUNJAB GAZETTE extraordinary issue (Tuesday September 10, 2002), and is implemented by a strong administrative backbone. As per Charter of the University the following are the authorities of the University:
The Registrar shall be the Secretary of the Syndicate.
(2) The members of the Academic Council, other than ex-officio members, shall hold office for three years; and if the office of any such member becomes vacant before the expire of such terms, such vacancy shall be filled in the prescribed manner.
(3) The quorum for a meeting of the Academic Council shall be one- third of the total number of members, a fraction being counted as one.
There shall be a separate Board of Studies for each subject or group of subject, as may prescribed by Regulations.
i. the Vice-Chancellor (Chairperson);
ii. the Deans;
iii. three University Professors other than Deans to be appointed by the Syndicate;
iv. three University teachers having research qualifications and experience to be appointed by the Academic Council; and
v. three teachers from affiliated colleges having research qualifications to be appointed by the Academic Council.
(2) The term of office of members of the Advanced Studies and Research Board, other than ex-officio members, shall be three years.
(3) The quorum for a meeting of the Advanced Studies and Research Board shall be one-half of the total number of members, a fraction being counted as one.
i. the Vice-Chancellor (Chairperson)
ii. one Vice Chancellor of a general University to be appointed by the Chancellor;
iii. The Chairman or a member of the Punjab Public Service Commission to be nominated by the Chairman.
iv. the Dean of the School (Faculty) concerned;
v. the Chairperson of the Teaching Department/Director of the Institute and Principal of the Constituent College, concerned; and
vi. one member of the Syndicate and two other members to be appointed by the Syndicate; provided that none of them is an employee of the University.
the members other than ex-officio members shall hold office for three years.
i. the Vice-Chancellor
ii. one member of the Syndicate to be appointed by the Syndicate;
iii. two members of the Academic Council to be appointed by the Academic Council;
iv. the Secretary (Higher Education) or his nominee;
v. the Secretary Finance Department or his nominee;
vi. the Treasurer: and
vii. the Registrar.
(2) The term of office of the appointed members shall be three years.
(3) The quorum for a meeting of the Finance and Planning Committee shall be three members.
i. a Chairperson to be nominated by the Vice-Chancellor,
ii. two Professors to be nominated by the Academic Council:
iii. two Professors to be nominated by the Syndicate: and
iv. the teacher or officer-in-charge of students affairs by whatever name called (Member/Secretary)
(2) The term of office of the members of the Committee other than ex-officio members shall be two years
(3) The quorum for meeting of Discipline Committee shall be four Members.
Anti-Harassment Committee constituted under the provisions contained in 'THE PROTECTION AGAINST HARASSMENT OF WOMEN AT THE WORKPLACE (AMENDMENT) ACT 2022' shall consist of three members of whom at least one member shall be a woman. One member shall be from senior management and one shall be a senior representative of the employees. Two members can be co-opted from outside University if needed. A Chairperson shall be designated from among-est them.
A team of 10 anti-harassment focal persons from different departments is working on effective reporting and preliminary investigation of harassment cases at GCU. These anti-harassment focal persons are trained by the office of Provincial Ombudsperson and National Academy of Higher Education (NAHE) on investigation and reporting of workplace harassment cases under "The Protection Against Harassment of Women at the Workplace Act, 2010" and "HEC Policy on Protection Against Sexual Harassment at Higher Education Institutions 2020", respectively.