The Registrar office plays a part as a regulator within the University, assisting in the interpretation and application of Regulations and other rules and guidelines. These help everyone to know where they are, and ensure fair treatment for all. The office shares with many other parts of the University a balancing function in relation to these rights and responsibilities.
The Registrar’s Office is responsible to facilitate the academic experience of students enrolled in the University, from the time of registration to graduation. It also helps to enforce and implement academic and administrative policies; as well as provides assistance in the development of, and modifications to, such policies and procedures that will best serve the University community.
The University guarantee equivalent rights of workers, no discrimination in the work place (including discrimination based on religion, sexuality, gender, age) and is committed to no forced labour, no modern slavery, no human trafficking and no child labour.
Registrar’s Office also supports the following activities: maintenance and publication of curricula; class
and examination timetabling; new student registration; student financial aid,
Who are the Registrar's office customers or stakeholders?
|Within the University||Outside the University|
|Current students of the University||Potential applicants, their administrators, schools, colleges,|
|Academic staff of the University||Other universities|
|Other administrative & services departments||Employers|
|Committees of the University||Government & attached departments or agencies|
(1) The Registrar shall be a whole time officer of the University and shall be appointed by the Chancellor on the recommendations of the Government which shall consider for this purpose a panel of three persons recommended by a Search Committee appointed by the Syndicate and headed by the Vice-Chancellor on such terms and conditions as it may determine.
(2) Under the general supervision of the Vice Chancellor, the Registrar shall
In addition the Registrar is responsible for the Intra-departmental co-ordination, Inter-departmental co-ordination and Inter-sectoral co-ordination.
Registrar is also the Secretary of the statuaries bodies, and Chairman of various committees’ constituted from time to time.
- Academic Council
- Academic Committee
- Board of Studies
- Advance Studies & Research Board
- National Internship Programme
- Higher Education Commission