Accommodation - For Intermediate Students
Every student is expected to live in harmony with his parents. The student who is desirous of living with some close relative,
other than the parents, should produce a written permission letter signed duly to this effect by his father or guardian. The name
of the relative, his occupation, designation, address and precise relationship must be specified. It will not be enough to write
that the student is going to reside with his cousin, etc.
Admission to Hostels
- There are two hostels for Intermediate students hailing from areas other than Lahore.
- Due to limited accommodation facilities, the students are admitted only on merit.
- The student of Intermediate classes, wishing to reside in these hostels, should obtain the Application Form from the office of the Quaid-i-Azam Hostel and submit it to the same office for the admission year 2016. The schedule of admission to the hostels will be notified on the Notice Board of Iqbal Hostel and Quaid-i-Azam Hostel.
- Allocation of seats on open merit and reserved quota in the lqbal Hostel and Quaid-i-Azam Hostel will be made according to the policy. Admission to the hostel is given on merit for ONE Academic Year only. The hostels’ authorities have the right to refuse admission to a class Xl resident in class XII, if his conduct or behaviour during the previous year has been unbecoming, or he has been found guilty of infringement of hostel rules.
- The Iqbal Hostel built in 1891, originally known as 'The Quadrangle' and the Quaid-i-Azam Hostel built in 1993, are situated on Main Campus of the University and are reserved for Intermediate students.
Room Rent (Payable to GCU Account)
|Caution Money (Refundable)
Iqbal Hostel and Quaid-i-Azam Hostel
|Head of Account
|Mess Security (Refundable)
|Electricity Charges = Rs. 800/- per month
Hostel charges can be changed/amended due to cost of living/revision of pay
scales or other administrative compulsions.
Hostel Rules & Regulations
- Residence is at all times subject to good behavior and can be withdrawn at any time in the interest of hostel discipline.
- Every resident is expected to maintain discipline and good order in the hostel, and should respect the rights of other residents.
- Drinking, keeping liquor, drugs or weapons (licensed or unlicensed) and smoking in the hostel is strictly prohibited and entails expulsion from hostel.
- Students suffering from severe psychiatric or physical diseases such as schizophrenia, paranoid disorders and blood disorders like hemophilia or any other chronic ailments requiring continuous supervision will not be given admission to the GCU hostels.
- No religious, social ceremony or political activity, injurious to the feelings of any resident, is permitted.
- Every part of the hostel premises shall remain open for inspection to the authorities at all hours.
- Membership of the hostel mess is compulsory for every resident.
- The resident has to pay his monthly dues by the 10th of each month. The defaulter will pay a fine of Rs.50/- per day for late payment.
- No guest/outsider is allowed to enter into the hostel premises except parents/guardians. In any case, no guest/outsider is permitted to stay in the hostel.
- The hostels will remain closed during vacation/holidays or when University is closed for more than three days.
- In case of withdrawal/expulsion due to indiscipline or misbehavior, all deposits will be forfeited.
- Other details given in the hostel "Rules of Residence" Hand Book, issued from time to time, have to be observed strictly.
Guidelines for Compliance
These guidelines are based on the directive from the Chief Minster Punjab [No. So(A)/CMS/II-77/2011, Dated: 31st December 2011] in the light of orders passed by the Honourable Lahore High Court (Dated: 01-11-2011)
- No outsider be allowed to enter the hostel premises.
- Strict surveillance and security system be established on all the entry gates to restrict the entry of non-residents.
- Strict discipline be maintained amongst the inmates of the hostels and nobody be allowed to destroy precious time of his fellow students on account of political backup or financial or social status.
- In case of violation of discipline of the hostel by any student, no hesitation should be felt to strike him off till the time he mends his ways.
- Students should not be allowed to take ammunition of any kind in the hostels and in case of involvement of anybody in such act; he may be banned for all the time to come.
- Parents of the students be also apprised about the conduct of their children. Further, parents be also bound down to visit the hostel/institution of their children off and on to know about the activities of their children and in case of any deficiency they should take due care and caution.