Full Name: Ali Raza Elahi
Department: Commerce & Finance
Research Interest: Entrepreneurial Finance, Default Risk, Risk Management, Financial Hedging
Room: PGB – 218
Phone: +92-42-111-000-010 (Ext. 278)
Responsibilities : Lecturer, BSC Hons (Business Accounting & Finance) Exam coordinator, BAF Society Advisor
Teaching : Insurance and Risk Management, Investment & Portfolio Management, Banking, Islamic Finance
Professional Interests: Research Activity
Qualifications: Ph.D. Scholar (Finance), M.S. (B&FE), B.Com.(Hons.) with Finance specilization
MCB BANK LIMITED – SME/MM Centre 1st floor MCB building, Bank square Nila Gumbad, Lahore
- Confer with clients to identify and document business needs, marketing new clients, managing existing clients, providing information to clients regarding new/updated financial products and providing them required solutions;
- Gathering financial information of client (company profile, financial statements, financial yields, projections, cost benefit analyses and other financial reports;
- Conduct business and financial analysis, evaluating the risks, devise strategy for financing the client as per their genuine business requirement;
- To assess borrower’s liquidity, profitability, operational activities and to analyze viability of proposed finance;
- To confirm compliance of sbp prudential regulations;
- To assess risk factors involved in financing so that the quality of advances can be improved;
- To manage bank’s risk exposure;
- To implement bank’s credit policy;
- To prepare credit approvals of various clients after thorough scrutiny in every aspect and ensure sanctioning of credit proposal in compliance with credit guide lines.
MCB BANK LIMITED – Misri shah branch, Lahore
GENERAL BANKING OFFICER (ACCOUNTS)
- Foreign remittance, Pay Order Issuance, Funds Transfer, Compliance of SBP rules & regulations, Account opening, customer relationship (liabilities), involved in all type of operational activities.
MCB BANK LIMITED – MCB Staff College, Allama Iqbal Town Lahore, Pakistan
Trainee business officer (i.e. MTO)
- Extensive Training of all banking sectors including Banking Operations, Bank Lending operations, Bank Trade finance operations, Treasury Operations, Credit risk control operations, Human resource operations, Risk Management etc.
Teaching Career: Lecturer in Accounting & Finance in GCU since 2013.
- Macroeconomic Covariates of Default Risk: Case of Pakistani Non-Financial Firms
- MARKET CONCENTRATION, GOVERNANCE AND MACRO-FINANCIAL DETERMINANTS OF BANK PROFITABILITY: COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF LARGE SCALE COMMERCIAL BANKS OF PAKISTAN, INDIA AND CHINA